CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

For Mom...


So I had the hardest time deciding if I wanted to do this or not but it just doesn't feel right not to. I know anyone who reads this is family and friends and I thought I would use this as a way to reach out to all of you. Some of you may know, my mother was hospitalized last week on Thursday, Nov 6th. Long story short, she had stomach problems that led her to the hospital that evening. After doctors took a Cat Scan they found that gas had built up and blew a hole in her stomach. The procedure was to go in with a scope and a stapler that would require an hour and half long surgery. After doctors went in they found that the upper part of her stomach and lower part of her esophagus was completely eroded and dead. They then had to open her up to see the extent of the damage. Due to complications during the surgery and the complexity of her condition she became very unstable and lost a lot of blood. After the doctors were through seven hours later they were honest to my family and told us she was a "disaster" and would need to be in ICU for many days and hospitalized for at least three weeks. The doctors then told us the worst news and said she could pass at any time and her chances for survival are 50/50. As of now, three days later, things are still the same but with a few signs of improvement. She has been sedated since her surgery and none of us have talked to her yet but hope to do so soon. I would just like to ask those who stumble upon this blog to please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. My family and I would greatly appreciate it. My mother is and always be the most amazing girl in my life and she is too young to leave me and the rest of my family behind. It's very hard for me to write this but every prayer counts right now. Thank you to those who have reached out to us already and keep spreading the word so we can get her better. She is in the Lord's hands now and it would mean so much to us if he could hear your support. :)

6 Comments:

  1. Adrienne said...
    Oh my gosh. RJ I'm so sorry. I wish I had better things to say but I know that the most comfort can come from our Heavenly Father so just know that you and your mom are in my prayers and it'll stay that way for a long, long time. Love you.
    Juje said...
    Wow. This is some serious tough stuff. I know we're not way tight or anything, but I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers. I'm so sorry! If you need anything, let me know.
    Kristine said...
    I am so sorry to hear about your mom. You amaze me with your positive attitude. I will definitely keep you and your mom in my prayers. Hope all goes well and you can talk to her soon.
    Lindsey said...
    I'm so sorry! I will definitely keep her and your family in my prayers. Keep me posted on how everything goes.
    Unknown said...
    Hi Ryan. I stumbled upon your blog while at work today and just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with you. It has been over a week since you posted this so I hope there have been improvements with your mom. I hope everyone is doing ok. :)
    ShaLyse Walker said...
    oh my gosh RJ. I'm so so sorry to hear that about your mom, but judging from the last post sounds like she is hanging in there! I wish I would have known.
    You looked so great at Christmas and it was a blast seeing you again!!! My sister says you are a doll.

Post a Comment