CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

We're in the Clear...


So me madre had, what is hopefully, her FINAL surgery last thursday and I have to say it was the most nerve racking seven hours of my life! She was moved to the University of Utah's hospital earlier last week to be operated on by only the best surgeons.  There was a look in all of my family members eyes the day of the surgery that expressed our worry. There wasn't much talking between us and the mood was pretty solemn.  Sometimes my mother would just look at one of us with half a smirk and she would do her best to hold back from crying.  Nobody really wanted to talk like we were going to lose her and I think it's because we had faith in Heavenly Father to keep her around us for a little longer.  When she went in for operation, I couldn't stand being in the hospital, so I left to Temple Square and Gateway mall.  What's wrong with a little spiritual boost and window shopping right?  I then went back to the hotel and slept off the afternoon.  About five hours after she went in I went back to the hospital to join my family only to find out she was already done! My family was just waiting to hear from the doctor.  So in comes Dr. Glasgow and he tells us that the surgery couldn't have gone any more perfect! He had to admit, he was a little worried about this operation but my mother passed with flying colors.  Crazy part of her surgery was the removal of both her spleen and stomach. Yep. No spleen.  No stomach.  They attached her small intestine to her esophagus and... thats pretty much the way the cookie was going to crumble. The small intestine adapts and takes over the digestion that the stomach would normally do.  Other then three to four small meals a day... mom is going to live a normal life. No more feeding tubes coming out of her abdomen, no more bed rest, no more worry.  She'll have a tough recovery of course,  but I believe in my mother just like all of you did. Which brings about my thanks to all of you who supported us and prayed for us.  The world of medicine truly has its miracles and I'm so glad my mom is going to be around to show off her GINORMOUS scar...

1 Comment:

  1. Lindsey said...
    I'm so glad to hear everything went well and it's all up hill from here. Your mom is one tough cookie so there's no doubt she'll recover like a champ. Tell her hi for me and you take a break young man, I can only imagine the impact this has had on you lately (you little stresser) :)

Post a Comment