CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

My trip to... Idaho Falls!



It has come to my attention that Idaho falls no longer feels like my "home" anymore. I guess that's okay since Logan has been my place of residence for two years now. So now when I make a trip up to Idaho Falls, it's like I'm going on the coolest vacation/road trip EVER!!! My most recent trip to the great gem state was nothing short of awesome! First I wake up early Tuesday morning and grab my friend Jeff ( hey Jeff) to bring him along to keep me company. On the way out of town, I notice that I have stopped at at least four different places and have waisted over an hour doing so. So far so good. Finally we hit the road and make our way to Preston, ID (only about twenty five miles out) when we realize we need to stop once more at a gas station before our trip can fully begin. I guess we needed an odd number of places to stop at before the gods would allow us safe passage. So the sky was clear, the roads were good and we were off!!! About an hour into the trip I hit I-15 northbound and look to the side of the road. What do my eyes catch but a cow squatting herself silly pushing out a newborn calf!!! This is huge people!!! You only see stuff this good on Animal Planet. So I flipped a U-ey and broke many traffic laws to catch a glimpse of this amazing miracle. By the time we got back to the scene, the cow had just plopped the thing out and was licking the goo and yummy delicious placenta off. It was still the coolest thing I had seen. I almost cried and felt strangely like I had just become a daddy. But that would just be weird right?!


So we got into Idaho Falls and I grabbed some things from my room to take back to Logan. Mainly my snowboard and snow gear. Then my dearest grandmother Nani, or "Delyla" as the normal world would call her, came in to greet me with warm hugs and kisses. She is great. She then showed off her furniture and nit picked the extremely minor flaws in the sectional couch. I didn't notice anything but whatever. It looked good and was comfortable so thats all that matters to me. We decided to treat ourselves to Applebees where we ate and were merry and called it good. My friend Jeff then asked if we could drive further north to see the newly built temple in Rexburg. I accepted that the temple was sort of a big deal and agreed to take him up. So we bid farewell to my Nani and headed North where the white temple stood. We looked at it, said " yep... looks great," and headed back. Nothing too exciting happened on the way back but I do want to throw out that we listened to my favorite band Nickel Creek, who's style is a very chill bluegrass, and Jeff and I sang some sweet harmonies along with the tunes. It was cool.
Oh ... I almost forgot. We did get kind of bored and made a video on the way up. Here it is... enjoy.


1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    really? really? wow. I must say I am nothing less than amazed at your mad skills. Go you! you and Jeff should go on tour. Especially with the gloves and snow scraper... that really completes the scene... well you two are amazing performers. natural really. watch out paparazzi... here you come

Post a Comment